- Fly Ash Bricks has at least three times more strength than conventional red bricks.
- Fly Ash Bricks is green bricks and cause no harm to environment while production.
- Fly Ash Bricks is made by machine hence have uniform shape and size that give beautiful joint look when used in wall.and require less bricks to make particular length of wall.
- Fly Ash Bricks use at least 20% less cement because of uniform size and less joint thickness
- Fly Ash Bricks is ready to use product that means there is no need to soak the brick in water before use.This is because during production it go through curing( that is water treatment)for at least 7 days.
- Fly Ash Bricks need less plastering thickness that result into saving of cement.
- Fly Ash Bricks is more thermal insulator that means during summer season it will absorb less heat that will result into less warm in house.
- Because of more thermal insulator properties of Fly Bricks plaster on building will not crack that will result into saving of maintenance and building made by it will be more durable and long lasting.
- Most importantly Fly bricks is cheaper than red bricks.Hence If Fly bricks is used in construction works,then anyone can save upto RS 10,000-30,000 per 10000 bricks used.
Advantage of Fly Ash Bricks
|Quality||Conventional Red Bricks||Fly Ash Bricks||Remarks|
|Strength||40-60kg/cm2||90-150kg/cm2||Fly bricks win|
|Shape & size||NonUniform & Irregular||Uniform & regular||Fly bricks win|
|Water Absorption||20-25%||10-13%||Fly bricks win|
|Breakage and wastage||10-20%||03-05%||Fly bricks win|
|Mortar Consumption||High||Low||Fly bricks win|
|Nos. of Bricks for100 sq.ft. wall of 9” thick||1100 Nos||925 Nos.||Fly bricks win|
|Mortar Joint Thickness||15 – 18 mm||8 – 10 mm||Fly bricks win|
|Plaster Thickness||15 – 20 mm||10 – 12 mm||Fly bricks win|